Returning to the days and places of my youth
Returning to the days of my youth.
Remembering the late 950s-1960’s. Looking back to those broad sunlit uplands! My final years at school to my teens and some of those memories.
Music is one of the greatest storer of our memories. A time and a place then the music! The music element is which brings it all together its power is immense. Think of a song which often jogs thoughts and recollections of whom you were with at that time. Music of nostalgia combined with a trail of semi dormant memories, and we are back there again! Returning to the days of my youth has for me a massive amount of pulling power.
The embroidery is the location of places you were at together.
Which music artists/groups do I most remember from those heady days?
- Michael Holliday. Jan 1961 Why Am I So Starry Eyed
- Matt Monro Feb 1967 Softly As I Leave You
- Adam Faith Nov 1959 What Do You Want
- Georgie Fame Feb 1966 Sunny
- Roy Orbison Apr !963 In Dreams
- The Kinks May 1966 Sunny Afternoon
- Scott Walker April 1966 The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore”
- Righteous Bros. Feb 1965 You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’
- Dusty Springfield Mar 1967 The Look of Love
- Dave Clarke 5 Mar 1964 Glad All Over
I get weepy and wistful for those bright days we took for granted.
I am trying to find a group where people search for old loves, or perhaps someone they just saw once at a club “one night in Spain in ‘76”. Or maybe on the tube train or sitting on a park bench one summers day. All fleeting moments and no more than a tiny speck in time, but somewhere you would love to return to. Even though the charm and beauty of youth has today eroded their appearance somewhat what they have is to you irreplaceable.